HGV Driver (Cover)
Locations: Chesterfield or Corby 50% and 50% away from home
Job Type: Permanent
HGV Driver (Class 1 C+E)
About Clee Hill Plant
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We are seeking to recruit for an HGV Driver based at either or Chesterfield Depot (S41 0JW) or Corby Depot (NN18 8AA). Basic hours are 40 hours per week plus overtime opportunities. You will be required to work 50% at either our Chesterfield Depot or Corby Depot and 50% away from home at potentially short notice to cover for absence/annual leave.
Reporting to the Depot Manager the main purpose of the role is to deliver and collect plant equipment to and from customers’ sites in an effective and safe manner and to ensure customer satisfaction by delivery of a prompt and courteous service.
If you do not hold your CPCS, the Company would be happy to train you for your Plant Operations NVQ2 to achieve your CPCS in ‘Loader/Securer non STGO’.
- Monitor the condition and ensure roadworthiness of the vehicle allocated to you, complete daily walk round checks and report defects.
- Ensure all driving activities are compliant with latest regulatory requirements including, but not restricted to, The Road Traffic Act, Highway Code and local driving restrictions.
Full job description can be provided upon request.
The successful candidate must be proficient in the safe loading and unloading of plant and machinery and have previous low loader experience.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- A valid class 1 driving licence (Plant experience ideal)
- Working towards Driver CPC
- CPCS card (Preferred)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible attitude and ability to work away from home when required
- Customer Service focused
- Reliable and punctual
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Employer contributory pension
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements