Job Type: Permanent
About Clee Hill Plant
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We are seeking to recruit for an HGV Driver at our Glasgow Depot (G72 7ZT). Basic hours are 40 hours per week plus overtime opportunities.
Reporting to the Depot Manager the main purpose of the role is to deliver and collect plant equipment to and from customer sites in an effective and safe manner and to ensure customer satisfaction by prompt and courteous service.
- Monitor the condition and ensure roadworthiness of the vehicle allocated to you, complete daily walk round checks and report defects.
- Ensure all driving activities are compliant with latest regulatory requirements including, but not restricted to, The Road Traffic Act, Highway Code and local driving restrictions
- To operate within scope of the EU Driving Rules complying with daily driving, break, rest requirements and weekly / fortnightly driving limits / rest requirements
- To comply with the rules on working time as specified in the “Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations”
The successful candidate must be proficient in the safe loading and unloading of plant and machinery and have previous low loader experience.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- A valid class 1 driving licence (Plant experience ideal)
- Working towards Driver CPC
- CPCS card (Preferred)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible attitude
- Customer Service focused
- Reliable and punctual
- Competitive hourly rate and annual bonus scheme
- Employer contributory pension
- Driver CPC Training
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements