Job Type: Permanent
About Clee Hill Plant
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a Plant and Machinery fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We have an opportunity available for a qualified Chargehand at our Darlington Depot (DL5 6BH). Basic hours are 8:00am until 4:30pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
Reporting to the Workshop Manager the main purpose of the role is to effectively conduct workshop activities so that they achieve the required ‘Standards of Quality of Service’ whilst ensuring full compliance with the appropriate Company’s Policies, Procedures and Legal requirements in particular those relating to the Environment, Health and Safety, Quality Management, HR, and Transportation.
You will have direct supervision of Engineers, ensuring they fully comply with all current Policies, Systems and Procedures and perform their duties to achieve the required level of quality and productivity.
This role will also involve maintaining and servicing heavy plant machinery.
We also provide Product and other appropriate training during your career with us.
- Fully understand the Performance Objectives (KPI’s) for the workshop activities and effectively manage to achieve set targets taking immediate corrective action to address any shortfall
- Carry out all tasks in compliance with the Company’s Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures.
Full Job Description is available upon request.
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified and have experience in the maintenance and repair of the same or similar types of plant and equipment within our fleet.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- A valid driving licence with the licence to tow (BE) desirable
- Able to work as part of a team
- Keen to learn and progress within an engineering environment
- Flexible attitude
- Customer Service focused
- Upto £15 per hour and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Employer contributory pension
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements