Plant and Technical Manager
Salary: Competitive + Company Car
Job Type: Permanent
Plant and Technical Manager
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Company car
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Employer contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking on-site
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We have a vacancy for a Plant and Technical Manager based at our Chesterfield (S41 0JW). Basic hours are 8:00am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday (45 hours per week).
Reporting to the Operations Director the main purpose is to oversee and provide leadership in the management of the whole Plant fleet whilst providing a first-class technical support and advice service to the Operational Division. Provide necessary technical information, instruction and help to identify appropriate training requirements whilst continually seeking innovations and methods to improve the efficiency of our Plant fleet and associated operating systems.
- Design and maintain cost effective and time-based service/repair schedules and programmes for optimum plant and fleet efficiency in line with manufacturers recommendations
- Provide innovative solutions and advice on repair servicing methods, components and spare parts
- Continuously research new Methods, Products, Systems and Suppliers with a view to delivering improvements in Plant efficiency and utilisation
- Assist Depot Management to ensure all workshop staff are fully competent to deliver the maintenance and repair requirements of the Plant fleet by organising and providing the necessary training, information, advice, instruction and coaching whilst also assisting in Skills Reviews as requested
A full job description can be provided
The successful candidate must have a strong maintenance background with excellent understanding of heavy plant machinery ranging from excavators, rollers, dumpers, pavers and of non-operated plant would be preferable (Welfare Units, Tower Lights).
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of providing technical support and advice on Plant machinery and experience of identifying development and training requirements.
In addition, we are looking for someone who is driven and who can take ideas and implement them successfully, someone who will positively contribute to the efficiency of our Plant fleet and associated operating systems.
The successful candidate will have experience of maintaining a safety-first culture. The ability to coach and mentor would be an advantage.