Locations: Head Office, Chesterfield
Job Type: Permanent
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Employer contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking on-site
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We have a vacancy for a Purchasing Manager based at our Head Office in Chesterfield (S41 0JW) to purchase and procure goods and services of the right quality, price and quantity at the required place and time from the Company’s Approved Suppliers.
As part of the role, you may be required to travel on occasion to our 9 depots.
- Contribute to sustainable procurement by selecting products and services which enhance operational efficiency, safety, realise cost reductions and minimise environmental impact.
- Assist in maintaining an effective list of Approved Suppliers and negotiate national contracts to deliver best value.
- Assist in developing and maintaining long term productive relationships with our Suppliers so that they are fully aware of our needs and the required standards of quality and service. Ensure regular contact with our Key Suppliers and Manufacturers.
Full job description can be provided upon request
The candidate will have a successful record and experience of working within a similar role in a multi-site operation in the Construction Industry and/or in a Plant Machinery Environment and be suitably qualified with a recognised CIPS qualification or equivalent.
Candidates must possess a valid driving licence.