Job Type: Permanent
About Clee Hill Plant
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a Plant and Machinery fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We have a vacancy for a Hire Controller at our Stoke Depot (ST5 7JZ). Basic hours are 8:00am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Depot Manager the main purpose is to negotiate best hire terms for the Company and take off hire notifications whilst maintaining the Rental Management system.
- Deal with customer hire enquiries, negotiating best hire terms for CHP and taking off hire notifications. Correctly completing Hire Agreements, checking customer credit limit / “Accounts on Stop” and dealing effectively with all related paperwork.
- Maintain the Rental Management (RM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and ensure relating exception repairs are regularly reviewed and updated.
- On receipt of damage/missing report from workshop notify customers by telephone and e-mail confirmation damage letter. Agree damage charges with customers and process associated paperwork for invoicing.
Full Job Description is available upon request.
The successful candidate must have previous experience in a similar administration role and be proficient and confident in using Microsoft Office applications.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Previous experience in a telephone-based customer service and/or sales role
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Competitive annual salary based on experience and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Employer contributory pension
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements
- Employee Referral Scheme up to £750