Locations: Ludlow, Shropshire
Job Type: Permanent
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Employer contributory pension
- Life Assurance
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We have a vacancy for a Depot Manager based at our Ludlow Depot (SY8 3QF) to effectively lead and manage activities, so that it achieves the required profitability and the ‘Standards of Quality of Service’.
- Lead and motivate employees ensuring they are aware of their individual objectives, are competent to achieve them, and their performances are monitored, realistically assessed, and improved where appropriate.
- Ensure full compliance with the appropriate Company’s Policies, Procedures and Legal requirements in particular those relating to the Environment, Health and Safety, Quality Management, HR, and Transportation.
- Ensure all members of staff are aware of their Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety responsibilities and have the necessary resources, information, instruction (including induction) and training to meet their responsibilities.
- Foster excellent relationships with customers
Full job description can be provided upon request
The Candidate will be a suitably qualified and an experienced Leader and Manager who can demonstrate a successful record within the Plant Hire industry involving excavators, rollers, dumpers and non-operated plant such as Welfare Units. Experience of Surface Dressing and Pavers would be an advantage.
Candidates must possess a valid driving licence.