Job Type: Permanent
Clee Hill Plant Limited is a leading construction plant hire company and the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK.
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,500 machines.
We have an opportunity available for a Workshop Manager. Basic hours are 8:00am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday (45 hours per week).
Reporting to the Depot Manager the main purpose is to effectively lead and manage the Workshop activities so that they achieve the required ‘Standards of Quality of Service’ whilst ensuring full compliance with the appropriate Company’s Policies, Procedures and Legal requirements.
- Lead and motivate workshop staff ensuring they are aware of their individual objectives, are competent to achieve them and their performances are monitored, realistically assessed and improved where appropriate.
- Maintain plant and vehicles to comply with documented service requirements, ensuring road worthiness and regulatory compliance at all times.
- Control and maintenance of HGV fleet including scheduling of 6 week and MOT inspections.
- Review 3rd Party & in house vehicle Inspection Reports and Defect Reports and ensure safety defects are made good with immediate effect.
- Ensure workshop staff receive the appropriate training and development.
The successful candidate must have a strong maintenance background with excellent understanding of heavy plant machinery ranging from excavators, rollers, dumpers and of non-operated plant would be preferable (Welfare Units, Tower Lights).
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience (min 3 years) in leading and managing a workshop team towards achieving an increased output of excellent quality.
In addition, we are looking for someone who is driven and who can take ideas and implement them successfully, someone who will positively contribute to the planned development and expansion of the depot.
The successful candidate will have experience of maintaining a safety-first culture. The ability to coach and mentor would be an advantage.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Experience of carrying out supervisor or equivalent within the plant industry
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the business
- NVQ 2 in Plant Maintenance (Ideal NVQ3 in Plant Maintenance)
- People management skills and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Decision making and delegating
- Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- Company van
- Employer contributory pension
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements