Job Type: Permanent
- Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Employer contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking on-site
Established in 1965, employing over 190 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,500 machines.
Reporting to the Depot Manager the main purpose is to effectively lead and manage the Workshop activities so that they achieve the required ‘Standards of Quality of Service’ whilst ensuring full compliance with the appropriate Company’s Policies, Procedures and Legal requirements.
- Lead and motivate workshop staff ensuring they are aware of their individual objectives, are competent to achieve them and their performances are monitored, realistically assessed and improved where appropriate.
- Maintain plant and vehicles to comply with documented service requirements, ensuring road worthiness and regulatory compliance at all times.
- Control and maintenance of HGV fleet including scheduling of 6 week and MOT inspections.
- Review 3rd Party & in house vehicle Inspection Reports and Defect Reports and ensure safety defects are made good with immediate effect.
- Ensure workshop staff receive the appropriate training and development.
Full job description can be provided upon request
The successful candidate must have a strong maintenance background with excellent understanding of heavy plant machinery ranging from excavators, rollers, dumpers and of non-operated plant would be preferable (Welfare Units, Tower Lights).
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience (min 3 years) in leading and managing a workshop team towards achieving an increased output of excellent quality.
In addition, we are looking for someone who is driven and who can take ideas and implement them successfully, someone who will positively contribute to the planned development and expansion of the depot.
The successful candidate will have experience of maintaining a safety-first culture. The ability to coach and mentor would be an advantage.