Plant Engineer / Fitter
About Clee Hill Plant
Established in 1965, employing over 180 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a Plant and Machinery fleet of over 2,300 machines.
We have an opportunity available for a qualified Plant Engineer / Fitter. Basic hours are 8:00am until 4:30pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
Reporting to Workshop Manager the main purpose of the role is to service and repair a wide range of plant equipment and vehicles in accordance with Company and Manufacturers Service Schedules.
As a Mobile Plant Engineer, you will be maintaining and supporting our fleet of plant equipment. Responding to breakdowns and carrying out preventative maintenance as required.
We also provide Product and other appropriate training during your career with us.
- Carry out scheduled Service Inspections and servicing and repairs in compliance with manufacturers specifications.
- Carry out all tasks in compliance with the Company’s Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures.
Full Job Description is available upon request.
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified and have experience in the maintenance and repair of the same or similar types of plant and equipment within our fleet.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Proven qualifications and experience as a Plant Fitter/Engineer
- A valid driving licence
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Flexible, keen to embrace new training opportunities, which may on occasion require staying away
- Customer Service focused
- Competitive hourly rate dependant upon experience and annual bonus scheme
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Standby/Call out rota
- Employer contributory pension
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements
Please ensure you complete an application form along with your cv and send to firstname.lastname@example.org