Commercial Body Painter
Clee Hill Plant Limited is a leading construction plant hire company and the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We have supplied non-operated plant and equipment hire services to customers in construction, civil engineering and road maintenance for over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,300 machines.
We have an opportunity available for a Painter at our Chesterfield depot (S41 0JW). Basic hours are 39 hours per week plus overtime opportunities.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor the main purpose of the role is to clean, prepare for paint, prime, paint and label plant and equipment as required.
The role will require painting a variety of heavy machinery such as JCB’s, Rollers, Dumpers etc
- To clean, prepare, prime and paint vehicles, plant and equipment
- Apply paint in accordance with manufacturer’s application and safety requirements
- Handle and store primers and paint in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as listed on the relevant Product Data Sheet
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
The successful candidate must be proficient and confident with painting tasks in a commercial environment. Experience in painting similar machinery is essential.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Familiarity with workshop environment and handheld tools/machines
- Ability to work individually, or as part of a team using your own initiative
- Take responsibility for work completed ensuring that quality standards are met
- Must be able to work to a tight schedule and reliably see through tasks to completion
- Flexible attitude
- Reliable and punctual
Please ensure you complete an application form along with your cv and send to firstname.lastname@example.org