Clee Hill Plant Limited is a leading construction plant hire company and the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We have supplied non-operated plant and equipment hire services to customers in construction, civil engineering and road maintenance for over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,300 machines.
We have an opportunity available for a Hire Controller at our Dartford Depot (DA4 9HQ) and Newton Abbot Depot (TQ12 3PW). Basic hours are 8:00am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Reporting to the Depot Manager the main purpose is to negotiate best hire terms for the Company and take off hire notifications whilst maintaining the Rental Management system.
- Deal with customer hire enquiries, negotiating best hire terms for CHP and taking off hire notifications. Correctly completing Hire Agreements, checking customer credit limit / “Accounts on Stop” and dealing effectively with all related paperwork.
· Maintain the Rental Management (RM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and ensure relating exception repairs are regularly reviewed and updated.
- On receipt of damage/missing report from workshop notify customers by telephone and e-mail confirmation damage letter. Agree damage charges with customers and process associated paperwork for invoicing.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Previous experience in a telephone-based customer service and/or sales role
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Able to work as part of a team
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out additional duties which are not specifically listed above, as requested by your manager or other Director.