Clee Hill Plant Limited is a leading construction plant hire company and the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We have supplied non-operated plant and equipment hire services to customers in construction, civil engineering and road maintenance for over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill Plant has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,300 machines.
Basic hours are 8:00am until 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00am until 3:30pm Friday (39 hours per week).
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor the main purpose of the role is to deliver and collect plant equipment to and from customer sites in an effective and safe manner and to ensure customer satisfaction by prompt and courteous service. You will also be required to clean off plant and equipment ready for hire, collect spare parts, and carry out repair and maintenance work.
· To clean and prepare plant and equipment ready for hire.
· To keep all public areas, workshops, stores, offices, welfare facilities and yard area clean and tidy and free from hazards including spillage and trip hazards
· Ensure all driving activities are compliant with latest regulatory requirements including, but not restricted to, The Road Traffic Act, Highway Code and local driving restrictions
· Monitor the condition and ensure roadworthiness of the vehicle while driving. Ensure a Pre-Tow Checklist Form is completed prior to any Towing duties taking place. Under no circumstances to operate any vehicle that is not fully roadworthy.
It is preferred that the successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and have experience of towing. The Company is looking for hard working, keen individuals.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Reliable and punctual
- A valid driving licence with the licence to tow (B+E)
- A valid class 1 driving licence (ideal)
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Keen to learn and progress within an engineering environment
- Flexible attitude
- Customer Service focused
- A valid Forklift licence is beneficial.
Please ensure you complete an application form along with your cv and send to firstname.lastname@example.org