About Clee Hill Plant
Established in 1965, employing over 180 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,300 machines.
We have an opportunity available for a Hire Controller at our Chesterfield depot (S41 0JW). Basic hours are 8:00am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Depot Manager the main purpose of the role is to deal with Hire enquiries, negotiating best hire terms and arrange the delivery of Plant and equipment to meet Customers’ requirements
- Deal with customer hire enquiries, negotiating best hire terms for CHP and taking off hire notifications. Correctly completing Hire Agreements, checking customer credit limit and dealing effectively with all related paperwork.
· Maintain the Rental Management (RM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and ensure relating exception reports are regularly reviewed and updated.
- On receipt of damage/missing report from workshop notify customers by telephone and post confirmation damage letter. Agree damage charges with customers and process associated paperwork for invoicing.
Full job description is available upon request
It is preferred that the successful candidate will have previous experience within the Plant Industry.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- Employer contributory pension
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements