About Clee Hill Plant
Established in 1965, employing over 180 staff and with a turnover in excess of £20m, Clee Hill is the largest compaction and surface dressing hire company in the UK. We also operate a ‘general purpose’ fleet of compact and mid-range sized construction and materials handling equipment across the UK. We have been operating over 55 years which is a testament to our culture of “committed to service in everything we do.”
Clee Hill has a nationwide network of 9 depots (Glasgow, Darlington, Stoke, Chesterfield, Ludlow, Corby, Andover, Dartford and Newton Abbot) with a fleet of over 2,300 machines.
We have a vacancy for a Depot Manager. Basic hours are 8:00am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday (45 hours per week).
Reporting to the Operations Director the main purpose is to effectively lead and manage the Depot, so that it achieves the required profitability and the required high standards of Quality of Service whilst ensuring full compliance with the appropriate Company’s Policies, Procedures and Legal Requirements in particular those relating to the Environment, Health and Safety, Quality Management, HR and Transportation.
· Ensure that the Depot employees receive the training and development which has been identified, planned and approved.
· Fully understand the current Financial Budgets and Performance Objectives (KPI’s) for the Depot, and effectively manage the Depot to achieve set targets taking immediate corrective action to address any shortfall.
· Identify and develop profitable business opportunities through new Customers and products.
Full job description is available upon request
This role is ideal for an experienced manager within the Plant Hire industry who has experience in Excavators, Tandem Rollers, Self-Propelled Rollers, Pavers, Loading Shovels, Dumpers and non-operated plant such as Welfare Units and Tower Lights. The successful candidate must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with customers.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Experience of management within the plant industry
- Experience of identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Have a thorough understanding of plant and equipment with the knowledge of key maintenance routines.
- Possess knowledge of transport regulations and current practices and methods
- Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- Company Car
- Employer contributory pension
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service enhancements
Please ensure you complete an application form along with your cv and send to firstname.lastname@example.org